Released in June 2018, with updated segment definitions and another round of performance improvements.
- 12 segments to cover every browser on earth.
- New /json API endpoint
- Performance improvements and useragent trimming
- Updated identification priority
- Smaller footprint
- Updated indexing UI, for much faster re-indexing of segment base
- New maintenance tools, to minimize UA deduction database
The desktop_edge segment, introduced in v3.0, had become superfluous due to automatic updating being built into most browsers.
Released in January 2016.
- Can now output static Detector in Java
- Advanced drag'n'drop Detector groupings builder
- New /text api endpoint - returning segment as just a text string
Detector v3.0 was released in July 2015, introducing flexible segment grouping and supporting static output for local implementations.
The entire data set has been re-indexed in 13 segments, splitting desktop_ie into desktop_ie9, desktop_ie10 and desktop_ie11, adding tablet_light, renaming mobile_touch to smartphone and introducing a new desktop_edge segment for the newest browsers.
- Static Detector generation for API independent use
- Group-able segments
- Optional custom include settings
- New /submit API endpoint
- New /build API endpoint
- Improved overall performance (again)
- New segment definitions
Detector v2 was released in 2014, primarily to improve performance and ease of indexing new devices, as the number of sites using the service had outgrown the initial service.
- Unique fragment identification for major devices
- Improved overall performance
- Improved indexing UI
Detector v1.0 was released in 2009.